Statue of Unity (the tallest statue in the world) is basically build to dedicate the Nation by our prime minister Narendra Modi. This statue of Unity is for the first time communicated by Shri Narendra Modi on 31st Oct 2018. This 182 metre’(597 ft) statue of Unity portrays the iconic figure of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel who is also known as the Ironman of India. He was the first deputy prime minister and home minister of India. The statue is constructed on a river island called termed Sadhu Bet 3 km away and facing the Narmada Dam downstream. However, it is established at Narmada district of Gujarat.
1. Statue of Unity(182 m ) is taller than the (153 m )Spring Temple Buddha in China and almost two times the height of the Statue of Liberty, situated in New York.
2. The Project was given to infrastructure giant Larsen and Toubro, who took just 33 months to complete it.
3. This project was first announced in 2010, started in 2014 and finally completed in mid-October.
4. Larson and Toubro get it constructed for 2989 crore.
5. It was designed by Ram V Sutar
6. It was Unveiled by Shri Narendra Modi on 31st Oct 2018 (on the 143rd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai). The Birthdate of him was also 31st Oct and his birthplace was Gujrat, the place where the statue is built.
7. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust (SVPRET)- The Trust established for the construction of a statue by the Gujrat Govt
8. Statue of Unity movement started to support the construction and it helped in collecting approximately 5000 tonnes of Iron. However, after the further discussions, it was concluded that these iron would be used on other parts of the Project.
Nowadays, the statue of Unity has become a hot topic for discussion amongst people.
Statue of Unity is not just a tribute to Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, but it is symbolizing the Pride of Our Nation. It is a tribute to Indian Engineering Skills as well. This statue has made a record in the World being the tallest. It can become the most attractive spot for tourism which will help in increasing Income from tourism, hotels and transportation services. It is estimated that the overall cost could be recovered in the next 35-40 yrs.
However spending 2900 crores in the statue in the country like India, where the large scale of people is not even having a meal for the day, is somewhere indicating the wastage of money instead of pride. Rather spending money on women safety, education, technology advancement and agricultural techniques, expenditure on just statue is a wastage.
1. If you are clear with all the above points, it’s better to be first to initiate the discussion and if you are not, then let 2-3 people say about it, gather some information from them and then put your points on the table.
2. You should have a clear point of view while you are speaking either or against. Do not confuse yourself, else you will leave a bad impression.
3. Keep your voice soft and audible. Don’t get aggressive.
4. And if you agree or disagree with the other participant’s point of view then give your value points.Tags: Statue of Iron Man Of India, Statue Of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Statue Of Unity 2018, Statue of Unity progress 2018, Statue Of Unity vs Statue Of Liberty, Tallest Statue in the World